Battles are fought in the Arenas on a battle board separated into tiles. Each tile supports one Champion. When the battle starts, Champions move around the battle board and fight opponents' Champions automatically. Arenas support two opposing teams / sides who fight each other.
Outcome of the battle depends on:
- Number of Champions (the side with more Champions has an advantage)
- Levels of Champions (the side with Champions that have been upgraded to higher levels has an advantage)
- Placement of Champions (for example: placing Knights and Blademasters at the front and ranged units at the back is a common tactic)
- Level of the Legend (the side with higher level Legend has an obvious advantage as higher level Legend supports more Champions on the battle board)
- Rarity of Champions and the Legend (their power increases with rarity)
- Synergies (the side with more and better developed class and origin synergies has an advantage)
- Artifacts (the side with artefacts that are better suited to their Champions and the Legend has an advantage)
After every battle there are rewards available - either a choice of Artifacts or Champion and Legend Cards.
All the fighting, moving, casting of special abilities and artifacts is done automatically.